Overnight oats for breakfast… a total game changer when you’re preparing for a busy morning but you still want to make healthy choices. This easy vegan blueberry oatmeal is an example of what’s possible with only a few ingredients and very little prep time.
You can use whatever frozen fruit you have on hand, walnuts instead of cashews or almond milk instead of water… the combinations are endless, enjoy!
EASY VEGAN BLUEBERRY OATS
- 1 ½ cup old fashion rolled oats
- 2 cups water or almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or fresh
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flakes
- 2-3 Tablespoons cashews
- a pinch of chia seeds
- Combine oatmeal, water (or almond milk), maple syrup and sunflower seeds in a medium bowl. Mix so that the maple syrup is evenly mixed in.
- Transfer to small mason jars or containers of your choice and top with frozen berries, cashews and coconut flakes. Top with a pinch of chia seeds.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit overnight (or 2-3 hours) and enjoy!