Quinoa and black beans covered in lime and avocado… mouth watering simplicity.
I’ve used different recipes to cook quinoa but I always come back to THIS ONE. It takes less than 30 minutes and the quinoa turns out fluffy every time! Another side note about this healthy plant-based recipe, feel free to add more lime juice. In fact, go crazy with it, it’ll be so good!
HEALTHY BLACK BEAN QUINOA BOWL
- 1 cup organic cooked quinoa about ½ cup uncooked
- 8 oz can of organic black beans rinsed
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice more to taste
- ½ avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa & rinse beans.
- Wash, cut and dry kale and spinach. Then massage with olive oil.
- Top kale and spinach with cooked quinoa and black beans.
- Top bowl with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, cilantro and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.